Theatre Club - La Liberté d’Etre
La Liberté d’Etre is a theatre club, introduced by P4K's Program Director, Louise Sherman, that uses theatre, drama games, and performance to build self-esteem and confidence, encourage imagination, practice team work, and teach life skills. It is the first step toward developing a comprehensive Arts and Culture Program for the Liboré community. LIBO will implement a pilot program in the coming year, and after that P4K and LIBO will collaborate to expand the program and involve larger numbers of children and youth..
- The pilot theatre club program will run in three schools during the 2014 – 2015 school year, starting October 1st, for children aged 10 – 13 years old
- Theatre Club sessions will be held outside of school hours once a week
- There will be no cost for Theatre Club students to participate
- Sessions will be led by volunteers who will be trained and provided with curriculum
- P4K will fund and evaluate the pilot program